Detailed Course Overview and Syllabus:
Business analysis is the discovering, modelling and specification of the logical requirements of a business in order to design and build effective business solutions.
You will gain knowledge of the best techniques and methods for gathering requirements from users and other stakeholders, develop business and data models that describe these requirements.
You will also learn how to write detailed specifications that provide an accurate blueprint for the designing, building and testing of the proposed system.
This course is an endorsed course by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) and is aligned with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) Version 3.0.
4 training days (9am to 3pm): You will enjoy three days of IIBA® endorsed professional development time.
Industry certified lecturers: Our experienced instructors are IIBA® Certified Business Analysts.
Full lecturer interaction: You will see, hear and be able to talk to our instructors and participate in discussions.
Gain practical experience: Our lessons are not limited to theory, and you will enjoy lots of practical work.
Flexible training locations: Attend the course at your office or home – you just need a PC and internet.
Delivered via Zoom services: Presented live from our virtual classroom using Zoom video conferencing.
Module 1: Introduction to Business Analysis
- The role of the business analyst
- The Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- The business analysis process
- Defining the system scope
- Creating a business case
Module 2: Gathering Information
- Identifying system stakeholders
- Interviewing methods
- Using questionnaires
- Document analysis and observation
- Workshop facilitation
Module 3: Modelling the Business
- An introduction to modelling concepts
- The Architecture Framework
- Modelling data requirements
- Business process modelling
- Writing use cases
- Modelling the location dimension
- Modelling organisations, people and roles
- Analysing business and time events
- Discovering and documenting business rules
Module 4: Specifying Requirements
- Functional and non-functional requirements
- The content of a business requirements specification
- Structuring the specification
- Writing the specification
- Validating and presenting the requirements
- Course assessment
Some Reviews from Our Attendees:
Very enlightening course which helped identify the many gaps in my business analysis work. Thank you very much!
I have learned so much during the course. Have learned how to write requirements, which I did not know before the course.
This course was very informative and I loved the professionalism that was portrayed by Viewpoint and my fellow attendees.
The Course Fees and Popular FAQs:
How much does it cost?
It costs R14,904 (4 days), and you will get a certificate once you have passed your exam.
Is this course endorsed?
It’s endorsed by the IIBA®, and is aligned with BABOK® and BPM CBOK® (both v3.0).
Do you offer guarantees?
Yes, if you’re unhappy with this course within the first day, you can request a refund.