Detailed Course Overview and Syllabus:
This online course focuses on the systematic and disciplined approach to the elicitation, natural language and model-based documentation, validation and management of system requirements using state-of-the-art methods and techniques.
It also covers how to apply requirements engineering methods to the effective specification of business and system requirements. The course ensures that the work of the business and system analyst is performed in a professional and efficient manner.
This course is an examination preparation course for the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB®) Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE).
30x training hours: You will enjoy 30 hours of IREB® recognized online training time in this course.
Industry certified lecturers: The material has been put together by certified trainers with real-world experience.
Free course assessments: This course includes practice exams to make sure you can validate your knowledge.
Gain practical experience: The lessons are not limited to theory, and you will enjoy lots of practical work.
Module 1: Introduction and Foundation
- Introduction to Requirements Engineering (RE)
- The four major activities of RE
- The skills of a Requirements Engineer
- The three kind of business systems requirements
Module 2: System and System Context
- System scope, context and boundaries
- Determining system and context boundaries
Module 3: Requirements Elicitation
- Sources of business systems requirements
- Categorizing system requirements
- Elicitation techniques
Module 4: Requirements Documentation
- Document design, types and structures
- The use of requirements documents
- Quality criteria for requirements documents
- Quality criteria for requirements
Module 5: Documentation of Requirements using Natural Language
- Language effects including subjective perception and transformational effects
- Writing system requirements using a templates
Module 6: Model-based Documentation of Requirements
- Definition and properties of models
- Requirements models versus design models
- Three perspectives of system requirements
- Modelling data, functional and behavioural system requirements
Module 7: Requirements Validation and Negotiation
- Fundamentals and principles of validation
- Requirements negotiation techniques
Module 8: Requirements Management
- Requirements views and attributes
- Prioritising requirements
- Requirements traceability
Module 9: Tool Support
- Types of system development tools
- Evaluating tools
The Course Fees and Popular FAQs:
How much does it cost?
It costs R11,500, and includes full expert support (either via email or telephone).
Do you offer guarantees?
Yes, if you’re unhappy with this course within the first day, you can request a refund.
When is the next course?
This online training is available immediately after purchase, and can be used for 180 days.